If you are looking towards opening a Doddy Calls Franchise, it will be nice for you to have a preview of what the company represents before going ahead to enquire about the total cost of opening the franchise in your location.
Doddy Calls was founded in 2000 and they began franchising in 2004, about 16 years ago. The current CEO of the company is Jacob D’Aniello and they have their corporate head office at 114 4th St. S.E., #A Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA. In conjunction with the acceleration of its franchising program and plans to multiply its national presence to 275 territories, DoodyCalls has recruited a franchising expert to bring the company’s expansion to fruition, and announces the appointment of Paul Martell as Director of Franchise Recruitment.
DoddyCalls is the nation’s leading pet waste management service for homeowners and their communities. The company scoops over 10 million doggie deposits annually. Doddy Calls offer pet waste removal service to residential yards, apartment communities, and Home Owner Associations. Their brand is nationally recognized and respected, with a brand as colorful and friendly as the staff providing its services. DoddyCalls provides service to 13 states and the District of Columbia.
For dog owners DoddyCalls provides dog waste pickup, brown spot treatment and deodorizing services. For communities and parks, DoddyCalls provides common area cleanings and designs, sells, installs, services and maintains pet waste stations, equipment and supplies.
DoddyCalls is committed to making the world a happier place for people and pets. In 2014, the company launched the Doddy-Free Water Project – a special initiative aimed at building a movement for dog poop pickup across America.
Doddy Calls has unique outing/Invoicing System – This system is used to schedule and route new clients, track client vacation requests, and match clients with specific work crews. Automatically, it creates route lists, optimizes stops for each crew, and even generates door-to-door driving directions for every route. At billing time, it produces the monthly invoices and is fully integrated with QuickBooks.
Here are areas where you are expected to spend money and the cost associated with it;
Table of Content
Initial Investment Range:
$35,612 – $52,875
6 percent of Gross Sales and the Due Date for this fee is Paid by electronic funds transfer every Friday for the preceding Reporting Period. The amount of the Royalty Fee for any renewal term will be that provided in the Franchise Agreement executed for such renewal term.
Please note that “Gross Revenues” include all revenues generated from the provision of any and all services and/or the sale of any and all products and, whether by the franchisee or a third-party provider, that relate to or arise from the Franchised Business. It does not include taxes collected from customers.
Local Advertising Spend, Local Marketing Fund, or Cooperative Advertising Contribution
At least 1 percent per calendar year and the Due Date: for this is Monthly.
Please note that each local advertising Cooperative may elect to increase the monthly contribution if approved by a two-thirds majority of the members, and the minimum contribution is subject to adjustment by an amount not to exceed the increase in the CPI.
Centers owned by Doddy Calls and its affiliates are also members of their respective local Cooperative and each company-owned Center has the same voting rights as the franchised locations within the Cooperative.
If the company-owned Centers comprise the majority of a given Cooperative, the maximum and minimum fees for that Cooperative will be consistent with the range stated in this Item 6.
Liquidated Damages Under Area Development Agreement
This fee varies but the Due Date is Payable within 30 days of the termination of the Development Agreement.
All costs and expenses associated with the audit, reasonable accounting and legal costs.
This fee will vary under the circumstances and the Due Date is As incurred.
Please note that you must reimburse Doddy Calls if it is held liable for claims arising out of your franchise operations.
- Insurance: Reimbursement of costs the franchisor’s out-of-pocket costs.
- Equipment, Supply, or Supplier Testing or Inspecting: Fee not to exceed the actual costs of inspecting and testing. (Due Date: Due on receipt of invoice.)
Please note that This fee covers the cost of testing or inspecting equipment, supplies, or suppliers you propose.
- POS Hardware and Software: Depends upon vendor and products purchased. (Due Date: Depends upon vendor and products purchased.)
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs: Will vary under circumstances. (Due Date: As incurred.)
Payable to Doddy Calls if it is forced to retain independent counsel and seek damages or injunctive relief to enforce the Franchise Agreement (whether or not suit is filed) or if Doddy Calls is required to defend your unsuccessful claim against it.
- Renewal Fee: 25 percent of then – current fee and the Due Date for this is upon request
- Veteran Incentives: This fee is open for negotiation with the company
- Term of Agreement and Renewal: The length of the initial franchise term is 10 years. If requirements are met, franchisees can renew for one additional term of 10 years.
- Financial Assistance: Doody Calls offers in-house financing to cover only franchise fee. Doddy Calls also has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, and payroll et al.
- Initial Investment: $35,612 – $52,875
- Net-worth Requirement: $50,000
- Liquid Cash Requirement: $25,000
- Ongoing Initial Franchise Fee: $24,500 – $24,500
- Ongoing Royalty Fee: 9%