If you are looking towards opening a Daniel Ahart Tax Service Franchise, it will be nice for you to have a preview of what the company represents before going ahead to enquire about the total cost of opening the franchise in your location.
Daniel Ahart Tax Service was founded in 2000 and they began franchising in 2005, about 15 Years ago. The current CEO is Daniel Ahart and they have their corporate head office at 2310 Parklake Dr. N.E., #170 Atlanta, GA 30345. Presently, the company operates 25 franchises in the United States.
Daniel Ahart TAX SERVICE is geared toward your success and they have been in the tax business for more than 25 years. Each Daniel Ahart Tax Service™ office offers state of the art tax preparation, free electronic filing with paid tax preparation and all the bank products such as refund anticipation loans. Many of the filing options offer the client a “no-money-out-of-pocket” alternative.
In 2000, Mr. Ahart saw the demand for paid tax preparation and electronic filing services increase. This was, in part, due to the mandate by the Internal Revenue Service to have 80 percent of all tax returns filed electronically.
They offer everything you need to open and operate a tax preparation business. They provide you with the system, computer, software, training and support necessary to live your dream of owning your business.
They have some of the lowest startup costs in the industry while providing the best software, support and training in the industry. You don’t need to be a CPA or have any experience to successfully open and run a retail tax preparation company. You do need to be enthusiastic and have a strong desire to succeed though.
They provide online tax courses which will lead you to prepare and pass the Enrolled Agent exam administered by the IRS.
Please note that the estimated investment required to open a Daniel Ahart Tax Service Franchise is between $26,300-$44,600. There is an initial franchise fee of $12,500 which grants you the license to run a business under the Daniel Ahart Tax Service name.
Here are areas where you are expected to spend money and the cost associated with it;
- Initial Franchise Investment: $26,300-$44,600
- Franchise Fee: $12,500
- Royalty Fee: 9 percent of Gross Sales and the Due Date for this fee is Paid by electronic funds transfer every Friday for the preceding Reporting Period. The amount of the Royalty Fee for any renewal term will be that provided in the Franchise Agreement executed for such renewal term.
Please note that “Gross Revenues” include all revenues generated from the provision of any and all services and/or the sale of any and all products and, whether by the franchisee or a third-party provider, that relate to or arise from the Franchised Business. It does not include taxes collected from customers.
- Local Advertising Spend, Local Marketing Fund, or Cooperative Advertising Contribution: At least 1 percent per calendar year and the Due Date: for this is Monthly.
Please note that each local advertising Cooperative may elect to increase the monthly contribution if approved by a two-thirds majority of the members, and the minimum contribution is subject to adjustment by an amount not to exceed the increase in the CPI.
Centers owned by Daniel Ahart Tax Service and its affiliates are also members of their respective local Cooperative and each company-owned Center has the same voting rights as the franchised locations within the Cooperative.
If the company-owned Centers comprise the majority of a given Cooperative, the maximum and minimum fees for that Cooperative will be consistent with the range stated in this Item 6.
- Liquidated Damages Under Area Development Agreement: This fee varies but the Due Date is Payable within 30 days of the termination of the Development Agreement.
- Audit Costs: All costs and expenses associated with the audit, reasonable accounting and legal costs.
- Indemnity: This fee will vary under the circumstances and the Due Date is As incurred.
Please note that you must reimburse Daniel Ahart Tax Service if it is held liable for claims arising out of your franchise operations.
- Insurance: Reimbursement of costs the franchisor’s out-of-pocket costs.
- Equipment, Supply, or Supplier Testing or Inspecting: Fee not to exceed the actual costs of inspecting and testing. (Due Date: Due on receipt of invoice.)
Please note that This fee covers the cost of testing or inspecting equipment, supplies, or suppliers you propose.
- POS Hardware and Software: Depends upon vendor and products purchased. (Due Date: Depends upon vendor and products purchased.)
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs: Will vary under circumstances. (Due Date: As incurred.)
Payable to Daniel Ahart Tax Service if it is forced to retain independent counsel and seek damages or injunctive relief to enforce the Franchise Agreement (whether or not suit is filed) or if Daniel Ahart Tax Service is required to defend your unsuccessful claim against it.
- Veteran Incentives: Franchise fee waived
- Term of Agreement and Renewal: The length of the initial franchise term is 20 years. If requirements are met, franchisees can renew for one additional term of 10 years.
- Financial Assistance: Daniel Ahart Tax Service offers in-house financing to cover the following: franchise fee, and equipment. Daniel Ahart Tax Service also has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, and payroll.
- Initial Investment: $26,300 – $44,600
- Net-worth Requirement: $100,000
- Liquid Cash Requirement: $20,000
- Ongoing Initial Franchise Fee: $12,500 – $12,500
- Ongoing Royalty Fee: 12 percent
- Ad Royalty Fee: 2 percent