If you are looking towards opening a Corvus Janitorial Franchise, it will be nice for you to have a preview of what the company represents before going ahead to enquire about the total cost of opening the franchise in your location. Corvus Janitorial was founded in 2004 and they began franchising in 2004, about 16 years ago and they have their corporate head office at 815 West Weed St., Chicago, IL 60642, USA.
Corvus Janitorial also provides franchising opportunities. As of the 2012 Franchise Disclosure Document, there are 196 franchised Corvus locations in the USA. Based on 2012 FDD data, Corvus has franchise locations in 3 states. The largest region is the Midwest with 196 franchise locations.
A Corvus franchise is a commercial janitorial cleaning business that provides comprehensive commercial cleaning and maintenance services. Since 2004, Corvus Janitorial Systems franchise program has assisted thousands of individuals in growing and thriving as entrepreneurs.
From financing to technical support to customer acquisitions, our system is designed to help franchisees succeed. With nearly 20 years of experience, Corvus offers a proven system, a national brand and an unrivaled support team to help franchisees grow their business. Here are areas where you are expected to spend money and the cost associated with it;
Initial Investment Range: $8,075 to $35,000
Franchise Fee: $6,500
Royalty Fee: 10 percent of Gross Sales
Due Date for this fee is Paid by electronic funds transfer every Friday for the preceding Reporting Period. The amount of the Royalty Fee for any renewal term will be that provided in the Franchise Agreement executed for such renewal term.
Please note that “Gross Revenues” include all revenues generated from the provision of any and all services and/or the sale of any and all products and, whether by the franchisee or a third-party provider, that relate to or arise from the Franchised Business. It does not include taxes collected from customers.
- Local Advertising Spend, Local Marketing Fund, or Cooperative Advertising Contribution: At least 1 percent per calendar year and the Due Date: for this is Monthly.
Please note that each local advertising Cooperative may elect to increase the monthly contribution if approved by a two-thirds majority of the members, and the minimum contribution is subject to adjustment by an amount not to exceed the increase in the CPI.
Centers owned by Corvus Janitorial and its affiliates are also members of their respective local Cooperative and each company-owned Center has the same voting rights as the franchised locations within the Cooperative. If the company-owned Centers comprise the majority of a given Cooperative, the maximum and minimum fees for that Cooperative will be consistent with the range stated in this Item 6.
- Liquidated Damages Under Area Development Agreement: This fee varies but the Due Date is Payable within 30 days of the termination of the Development Agreement.
- Audit Costs: All costs and expenses associated with the audit, reasonable accounting and legal costs.
- Indemnity: This fee will vary under the circumstances and the Due Date is As incurred.
Please note that you must reimburse Corvus Janitorial if it is held liable for claims arising out of your franchise operations.
- Insurance: Reimbursement of costs the franchisor’s out-of-pocket costs.
- Equipment, Supply, or Supplier Testing or Inspecting: Fee not to exceed the actual costs of inspecting and testing. (Due Date: Due on receipt of invoice.)
Please note that This fee covers the cost of testing or inspecting equipment, supplies, or suppliers you propose.
- POS Hardware and Software: Depends upon vendor and products purchased. (Due Date: Depends upon vendor and products purchased.)
- Attorneys’ Fees and Costs: Will vary under circumstances. (Due Date: As incurred.)
Payable to Corvus Janitorial if it is forced to retain independent counsel and seek damages or injunctive relief to enforce the Franchise Agreement (whether or not suit is filed) or if Corvus Janitorial is required to defend your unsuccessful claim against it.
- Veteran Incentives: This is open for negotiation with the company
- Term of Agreement and Renewal: The length of the initial franchise term is 10 years. If requirements are met, franchisees can renew for one additional term of 10 years.
- Financial Assistance: Corvus Janitorial has relationships with third-party sources which offer financing to cover the following: franchise fee, startup costs, equipment, inventory, accounts receivable, and payroll et al.
- Investments: $3,000 – $7,575
- Franchise fee: $6,500
- Minimum Cash: $5,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10%