A grocery store is a type of retail establishment that sells a wide range of daily necessities. The United States has over a hundred and fifty thousand grocery stores, the bulk of which are franchised. Some most productive grocery store franchises provide excellent services at reasonable prices.
The ideal grocery store franchise has strong brand recognition and loyal customers. More franchises, especially those in the food and retail industries, are shrinking their indoor footprint and expanding their drive-thru potential. The reasons for this are numerous.
For starters, with skyrocketing property prices and delivery slowdowns, the financial and time benefits are substantial. Lowering dine-in abilities may also assist franchise owners in lowering working costs without compromising income. Many grocery stores are looking to join food businesses in the drive-thru life. Even though there aren’t many grocery store franchises with this concept, here are a few to look into.
Drive-Through Grocery Store Franchise Opportunities and Their Cost
Farm Stores is the nation’s biggest and first drive-thru grocery store. It offers a one-of-a-kind community experience. The firm provides all your preferred retail food brands, as well as product lines you might not see somewhere else, straight to your vehicle.
Farm Stores began franchising in Florida in 2015, and there are now 28 active franchise spots. Customers love the ease of stopping by on their morning commute for coffee and a breakfast sandwich or fresh pastry and then coming back home for a carton of milk, eggs, and bran flakes. Their finest goods seem to be fresh-baked bread, fresh-squeezed orange juice, milk, and coffee on the move.
- Initial Investment: $128,501 – $213,200
- Net-worth Requirement: $15,000 – $25,000
- Liquid Cash Requirement: $15,000 – $25,000
- Initial Franchise Fee: $25,000
- Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
- Ad Royalty Fee: 1%
Steps to Open a Farm Stores Franchise in 2023
- Make sure you possess enough capital: To start a Farm Stores franchise, you must possess a net worth of a minimum of $128,000.
- Consider the funding needed for a grocery store franchise: You must take into account the cost of construction and signage, licenses and permits, uniforms, insurance, and other expenses.
- Consider your prior knowledge and abilities: Prior to applying for a Farm Stores franchise, you must carefully consider your previous experience in the business.
- Appraise market availability: Prior to actually moving ahead with the franchising proposal, you should take a glance at the demand for products for Farm Stores franchises and determine whether there are any accessible markets in your region of choice.
- Send your request: The Farm Stores franchise management will assess your request. Upon submission of your online proposal, you will be sent an affirmation receipt, along with the franchise owner’s contact information.
- Obtain approval and start your Farm Stores franchise: When your finance and background verification are finished, you will be granted franchise approval. Only applicants who satisfy all the criteria of franchise owners will be approved.
To be honest, Farm Stores is the United States only viable drive-thru grocery store. Every other store with a drive-thru only serves coffee and morning snacks to commuters and offers only a poor selection of other daily necessities.